Installment Transaction Service
Display and provide installment plans to eligible customers
available for use by
Regional AvailabilityView Details
- N. America
Driving customer acquisition, loyalty, and retention
The Installments Transaction Service allows you to offer Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) plans to your customers through a set of APIs or on ISO. The plans can be offered pre-purchase, during, or post-purchase and give consumers the opportunity to pay for qualifying purchases over time. For you, it means attracting and retaining a larger customer base with a seamless user experience that is scalable and cost effective. For your customers, it means more flexibility and control over how and when they choose to pay for goods and services.
Key Features for Sellers
Visa's existing, reliable network
- Access to all installment plans set up by issuers for eligible cardholders.
- Proven reliability, scalability, and financial stability.
- No additional credit approval = frictionless checkout experience.
Flexibility in Options
- Supports online, in-store, and mobile in-app purchases.
- Can provide more flexible payment options to consumers.
Customer Acquisition & Conversion
- Helps drive sales conversion by enabling Visa installments, available across a wide range of cards.
- Helps reduce Cart Abandonment by providing your shopper with flexible payment options available on their existing card.
- Attract consumers who prefer BNPL payment options.
VIS Design Resources
Follow the best practices outlined in our UX templates to create an optimal VIS checkout experience that can improve conversion rates, drive more traffic, and provide a better shopping experience.
Matched Candidates API
This API determines the eligibility of a cardholder for the installments offer.
Matched Candidates Batch Request API
This API allows you to check the eligibility of cardholders for installments to pre-qualify cardholders in batch.
Matched Candidates Batch Results API
This API allows you to retrieve the list of eligible installment candidates from an issuer's pre-approved list of qualified cardholders in a batch request.
Eligible Installment Plans API
This API displays the installment plans a cardholder is eligible for.
Plan Selection API
This API sends the installment plan option selected by the cardholder back to Visa.
Plan Cancellation API
This API allows you to cancel a previously active installment plan and send it back to Visa.