VCPI provides issuers with a self-service model for their cardholders to review transaction specifics sent by participating merchants. Through API technology, issuers can integrate VCPI data directly into their online or mobile banking portal. By providing this data to your cardholders, you allow them to solve many of the basic questions that customer service representatives today must field. For example:
• "Where was this purchase made because I don’t recognize this merchant?"
• "I don’t believe I made this purchase."
• "I never received a package."
With VCPI, inquiries made by cardholders on a specific transaction will return data from the following sources:
• VisaNet Transaction Data – Data flowing through the payments authorization, clearing and settlement process
• Third party merchant identification data – Verified third party data of merchant data/location
• Transaction details from participating merchants – With over 200 data elements to choose from, merchants provide real-time data on detailed purchase information