Provides a Custom User Experience
Fintechs (on behalf of issuers) and issuers have the flexibility to create their own user experience and incorporate VPC functionality directly within their platform – setting controls on both plastic and virtual cards in near real-time.
- Controls include spend rules, merchant groups, location, channel, and time rules
- Setup notification/distribution for decline emails and SMS
- Retrieve card and notification details – including consumed amount
Supports Multiple Use Cases
You have direct access to set and manage controls on new or existing accounts. Some of the possible use cases include these potential scenarios:
- A company needs to set and manage controls on a range of cards for employee usage.
- Set dynamic controls on individual accounts or many different accounts through bulk capability. You want to set spending limits for employee use on physical plastic cards only after an internal approval process.
- You already have card accounts for commercial or small business use cases – plastic or virtual cards service. Once you register the card accounts to Visa B2B Payment Controls, you can start setting rules using the Controls Management Service.
- Set controls on an account used by a personal shopper/service powered by commercial card use cases.
- Block employee cards from usage until the employee has a business need to spend.
Drives Card Usage
This service can encourage card issuance by organization, improving confidence and peace of mind to ensure spending adheres to company policies by controlling how, when, and where those cards are used. It also protects commercial, larger payments from potential fraud or misuse.
There are flexible rules to manage things like:
- Employee purchasing
- On-demand purchases
- Supplier Payments
- Business travel
- Centralized Accounts Payables
- Fleet purchases
You can use this service as a standalone capability for your card portfolio, or you can combine it with other Visa API services such as Visa Business Solutions APIs. It also supports bulk account functionality, letting you set controls on many different accounts at one time.
How Does It Work?
Visa B2B Payment Controls can be used to set authorization-based payment controls on your plastic or virtual accounts. The first illustration shows how transactions are processed when controls have been applied.
Process Flow for a Transaction with Visa B2B Payment Controls
B2B Virtual Account Payments Method
The B2B Virtual Account Payment Method involves a suite of APIs which allows you to use virtual accounts to automate the process of paying your suppliers. Additionally, the B2B Virtual Account Payment Method can enable you to develop flexible solutions across industries and segments.
Request a Virtual Account and Set Controls
Third party FinTechs can request virtual accounts on behalf of a commercial issuer and specify account controls for digital presentment.
Visa Business Data Solutions
The Visa Business Data Solutions API provides a faster and more efficient way for participating issuers and their commercial clients to pull their commercial card transaction data and make strategic decisions based on data-driven insights. Current APIs provide access to transaction and enhanced data along with supplier data via different data groupings.